Sunday, October 14, 2007

I Look at You ...

I look at you

Quietly thinking,

Words so many dare I speak.

Return my stare,

Hear you wondering …

Worrisome concerns, burdens linger

Many the questions still unuttered

Hints of solitude do I seek?



None I say but truth be told,

Fears are mine I’ve become too old,

Though age, its distance not yet torn

plagues me, hopelessly forlorn.


Those moments when closeness none more

Beseeching you in words unspoken

Whether you, I, we will be as time before …


It’s not my fault life’s changes did befall

My body shakes, my speech stumbles,

Hard to say and for you to hear,

What hope is there to come this year?

I think back to touches when

In hours abandon,

Gaity, laughter,

Together we spent

Now our posture is so different

My life as is I resent.

Passionate kisses, bodies aflutter,

holding you then as mine alone,

When we were is no longer,

So many questions yet to utter.


Alan D. Busch

10/14/07

1 comment:

Beysshoes said...

My dear friend Alan,

Utter your questions now. To your beshert. Love is unending.

Tashon Kodesh, Sarai